If your child is entering the school as a freshman, transfer student, or intends to try out and compete for an interscholastic sport at any grade level he/she must have a current physical exam. A completed copy of the 2018-19 Health Form must be completed by a certified physician and returned to PMA no later than August 17, 2018.
According to Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association rules, in order for your child to try out for and compete in a fall interscholastic sport, he/she must have on file with the school nurse:
- A current physical exam dated after October 15, 2017. A physical exam is valid for 13 months. If the exam was done before October 15, 2017, your child will no longer be eligible to compete when it expires.
- Concussion Information Form
- Concussion History Form
- Parent Athletic Permission Form
Parents and students are required to complete the signed concussion training forms and a concussion history form. They are required every year, as are all medical forms.
Finally, a completed Parental Permission Form is also required.
All of the above material must be into the school nurse’s office prior to the first day of fall tryouts, which will begin Thursday, August 24 and will continue until teams are selected.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Department, 978-682-9391 ext. 110.
Additionally, any incoming student who will be trying out for cross country should contact Coach Martin at email@example.com for information.
Forms that must be on file in order to participate in sports at PMA:
- Athletic Permission Slip 2019
- Parent & Athlete Concussion information sheet 2019
- Concussion Event and Return to Play 2019
- Health Forms 2018-19.